Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Viking Bread

Confession: Last night I didn’t cook dinner. We had frozen chicken pot pies. From the microwave. *Shame* I was tired and frankly uninspired. However, by a pure stroke of luck I found a super easy recipe (you know it’s easy ‘cause it’s in the name!) that I happened to have all the ingredients for. Presenting Easy Honey Beer Bread from Kirbie's Cravings.

I used clover honey and Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale and it turned out delicious. It was slightly sweet because of the pumpkiny-ness of the beer, so a darker ale or lager would probably be a heavier taste. I had several tasters today and they all liked it. So, yay!

Side note, my tasty bread crusted A Lot more than the pictures Kirbie’s site. It was good, but not as pretty as hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment