Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bar-B-Que Chicken a' la Crock-pot

So, I rushed home after class yesterday to wait for our maintenance guy to come see if he could fix the dishwasher (it shouldn’t take 3 cycles to clean a dish). Since I was home at 1:30 with nothing to do but wait, I decided it would be a good time to do a crock-pot recipe - there was plenty of time to throw everything in the pot to simmer for hours.
I’ve been hanging on to this recipe (Crockpot BBQ Beer Chicken from How Sweet It Is) for a little while. For some reason, I really need to gear up to do a crock-pot recipe. I have no reason why.

(Side note: I’m not a total alchy. I’ve posted 2 recipes that include beer as an ingredient not by coincidence. We bought a mix pack of seasonal brews and neither hubby nor I really liked some of them. So they have been in the fridge waiting to be cooked with.)

I halved the recipe since it serves 8-10 and we still had leftovers. No complaints, though. This stuff is yummy. I get bar-b-que cravings and this stuff will straight-up satisfy it. And it’s much healthier since it’s chicken breast instead of pork. I also added 12 oz of beer instead of 8 and used a little less sauce (only cause I didn’t have a whole lot).

Yummy yummy. Pulled-chicken bar-b-que on a wheat bun.

The maintenance guy came the next morning. I’m so glad I waited for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment