Saturday, October 15, 2011

Dutch Babies!

Being that it’s Saturday, I made brunch this am. I’ve wanted to try a Dutch Baby for a while, but I can’t seem to order it anytime we go out for breakfast. It’s just too…. intimidating. Luckily, I found a recipe that seemed perfect. It had the obligatory Dutch Baby, but added the magical ingredient of - bacon. *sigh* It can’t go wrong, right?

Of course, I said that.

The Dutch Babies were great. Wonderful, even. I modified the recipe and added 2 tbs of sugar and a good squirt of lemon juice. I cooked them in a large muffin pan for 10 min then added the bacon and eggs and cooked for an additional 10. Then 5 more. After that, I had to take them out because everything was cooked except for the bacon. Warm and raw. Hubs and I ate the babies and the eggs and left a big pile of bacon on both our plates. The sight of it pretty much broke my heart.

Oh, well. I’ve already got a plan for next time.

Here's the recipe I used from The Karmic Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment