Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Chick(not Fil A)en Nuggets

Once I get a craving for something, nothing will make me happy until I get whatever I’m craving. This happens A Lot. Something I crave (at least) once a week - Chick Fil A nuggets. I’m a crazy person about these things. So, when I found a recipe that promised the exact same nuggets as the ones I’m constantly longing for, it was like the skies opened up in sunshine-y glory.

I shouldn’t have gotten my hopes up.

Now, don’t get me wrong - these puppies were good. Great even. But they were no Chick Fil A nuggets of wonder.

However, I did mess up on the recipe. Twice. In step one. The first line of the recipe (here, from My Name is Snickerdoodle) states In a medium bowl whisk the egg and stir in the milk. I left out the egg. I also didn’t have any milk and used cream + water instead.

Despite my efforts to screw up, these turned out very good. And looked surprisingly like the photo. That’s a first for me. I will make these again (the correct way) and see if they taste any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment