Sunday, October 23, 2011

Breakfast Turnovers of Glory

This a.m. hubby woke up on the cranky side of the bed. So, to help him out (I’m so thoughtful) I made turnovers for breakfast. This was my own concoction - I happened to have the ingredients handy.

8oz of cream cheese (I didn’t have a full 8oz of cream cheese, so I used what I had - 5oz.)

Sugar

Puff Pastry, thawed

Mini choc chips (optional)

Heat oven to 350. Mix the cream cheese and sugar together. I used around 3 tablespoons, but I frequently don’t measure when I cook. Use more/less to suit your own taste. Cut the pastry into 4 squares. Divide the cream cheese mix evenly on half of each pastry.

If you want, add approx 1 tablespoon of mini choc chips into each portion. I made half choc, half plain. Fold dough over and press edges together.

Cook for 15-18 min.

LET COOL. The filling will burn your mouth to bits.

You will enjoy. These are probably one of the best things I’ve ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment