Saturday, January 7, 2012

Not Exactly Pizza Inn Chocolate Chip Pizza

Every time I go somewhere I once lived, there are foods I feel I must eat while I can. As much as I love living in SoFla, there are many many foods that I just can’t get down here. I missed one precious opportunity recently - Pizza Inn's Chocolate Chip Pizzert. Sadly, if I want a genuine pizzert I must travel over 575 miles for it. Not likely. Sooooo I’ve tried to replicate it. This is more difficult than it would seem. (Google it. Many people have tried, many have failed.)

My secret ingredients:

The Jiffy mix plus butter poured over the pizza crust. (Side note: this is the first time I’ve used Pillsbury’s thin crust pizza in a tube and I’m a convert. It’s really good and doesn’t taste like it’s pre-made like I thought it would.)
Add chocolate chips. I used mini ones. It was a good call. Although, I’d probably use a few more.
After baking it for 15ish minutes. (Confession - I don’t remember how long I baked it. At all even a little.)
Yum.
Result - not exactly what I wanted. I cooked it too long, I need more of a gooey filling. Also, it was kind of thin. Maybe more mix? But I’m going to try again. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment