Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Amazingly Healthy Sweet Potato Bake

Man, I'm so freaking buzzed right now. Buzzed with how awesome my dinner was! What?? Betcha didn't see that one coming.

So I've been craving sweet potatoes all day. I spent an hour on
Foodgawker searching for ways to make a sweet potato into a whole meal, because that's all I wanted to eat. (I found a few.)

So anyway, I found Mama Grubbs Grub's recipe for Sweet Potato Foil Packet Tacos and it was almost exactly what I wanted. But not quite.

Using that recipe as a jumping-off point, I put in each foil packet:
  • 2 cups(ish) sweet potatoes cubed-ish (see photo above) - approx 2 whole potatoes. BTW, there is a lot of ish-ing in my cooking tonight.
  • Handful of fresh spinach (torn)
  • 3 TBS (ish) of black beans (totaling 1 whole can)
  • 1 heaping TBS (ish) of chopped tomatoes (totaling 1/2 can)
  • 1/3 of 1/3 of a grilled chicken breast (Feel free to omit this. I had this leftover in the fridge and kind of just threw it in. It would be yummy and perfect for a Meatless Monday dish w/out it. It would be equally yummy with more grilled chicken.)
  • 1 pat butter
  • dash salt
Look how beautiful it is! All the colors! This dish is like a rainbow of yummy.Fold up the foil like a burrito.Bake for 25 minutes. Enjoy over rice/tostada/soft taco shell. I cooked gummy rice, but a tostada would be superb next time.

I can't stress how yummy and filling this was. I almost couldn't eat all of mine. But I powered through like a champ.

No comments:

Post a Comment