Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie

I love this smoothie. It's for reals one of my favorites. It's just so decadent for breakfast and yet, so healthy. 


Unfortunately, I don't often measure when I make smoothies, so it makes it harder on myself to relay the yumminess to you. Feel free to adjust quantities higher or lower as you see fit.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Serves 1


1 cup chocolate soy milk
1 Tbs espresso powder mixed in small amount of water (see photo below)
1 heaping Tbs of peanut butter
1/2 scoop protein powder (I use vanilla flavored)
1 scoop chocolate flavored greens powder
2 Tbs plain yogurt
2 Tbs dissolvable fiber
Ice


Mix everything in a blender, save the ice. Add ice to the mix while blending to thicken. Stop adding ice/blending once smoothie is at your desired thickness. Drink up!


This is not a pretty picture.
This is how much espresso/water mix I used - half of a half-sized ramekin's worth. 
Action shot. Before I added ice.
Final product. You can see ice in mine because I got impatient and didn't wait for it all to blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment