Thursday, February 9, 2012

Kale & Salmon Pizza

So, I'm still battling a cold. I know, I know, and yet, here I am. Posting the pizza I made (like a champ) when most human-shaped humans would be one with the couch and snuggly blanket. ...I might be there now, but whatever. Like a champ, remember?

Pizza

So, confession time. These pictures are of the first time I made this pizza. It was good. But I knew I could do better. So I made it again. And it was goooooooooood. So, pretend that these pictures are of a much better pizza that looks similar to this one.

Kale & Salmon Pizza

1 can Pillsbury Thin Crust Pizza Dough
2 tomatoes, sliced then halved
handful of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 a bunch of kale, torn into small pieces
olive oil
1 can of salmon, boneless & skinless

Preheat oven to 400. Unroll pizza crust onto a greased pizza pan/cookie sheet. Coat with olive oil. Bake for 8 minutes. Sprinkle cheese onto pizza crust. *Only use a small amount, 1/4-1/3 cup, not even enough to cover the whole crust.* Cover pizza with kale. There should be enough small pieces so that you can't see the crust through the kale. Place tomatoes and salmon on top. Sprinkle olive oil all over. Bake for 6 minutes. Enjoy.
See the kale in this picture? The pieces were NOT small enough. Make them small. Trust me. And use a lot more kale than I did. It's worth it.
Also, there will be more tomato. 
See how scrawny this one came out after making it? You can see whole patches of crust. The second one was better. I'm sad I didn't take pictures of that one. But come on, I have a cold people!

No comments:

Post a Comment