Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Honey Chicken

I can almost always eat Chinese food. I love it. All the time. But there's usually loads of sugar in the sauces and we can't have that now, can we?


So I gots ta do it myself.


Honey Chicken
(From A Full Measure of Happiness)


1 & 1/2 lbs chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
3 T honey
2 T low sodium soy sauce
1 egg
1/4 C cornstarch
1-2 T veg oil
2 C broccoli (thawed from frozen or fresh)


Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and set aside. Mix the egg and cornstarch. Pour over the chicken to coat. Combine the honey and soy sauce and set aside. 
Warm the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Cook the chicken (about 7-10 minutes). Add sauce and broccoli and cook until the sauce thickens, just a few minutes.
Ta da. Super simple. Serve over rice. 
I would make this honey chicken a lot more often, but I ran out of cornstarch and keep forgetting to buy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment