Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Potato Soup

Since it rained all weekend here in the sunshine state, I decided it was time to break out the soup pot. Luckily, I just happened to have some potatoes sitting around not quite to the point of looking back at me.
There are a thousand different ways to make potato soup. Mine involves slicing potatoes very thin/small and boiling them in milk and butter. I seasoned with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and onion powder.

(Here's a recipe from Lighter and Local that I forgot I had saved. I’ll use this one in the future.)
If you have some sort of potato masher, this would be the time to use it. I used the back of a plastic spoon (pictured).

Once it is the consistency of a thick, runny porridge (more or less) serve topped with one or more of several toppings: shredded cheese, bacon crumbles, sour cream, chives, crispy onions, etc.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment