Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hot Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I’m woefully backlogged on stuff I need to put up. But I’m jumping ahead. Way ahead. Like ‘batches of these cookies are in the oven now’ ahead. But that’s just how I roll.

These I’m making for a Halloween movie night hubs and I are going to tonight. Ok, so it’s not a Halloween themed party and I doubt we’ll be watching Halloween movies. It’s a movie night that I’m bringing Halloween-themed snacks to. So there, you got the truth out of me.

These cookies (from Julies Food) are kind of amazing. I ended up putting a dash more cayenne into the mix than it called for (a litteral dash) and it made them a little kickier. I thought it was appropriate for a Halloween cookie. They’re chewy on the inside if you don’t make them too thin and they taste like a healthy brownie from all the oats.
Warning: these cookies will spread. I made the first batch into cute little shapes and they came out as pumpkins and blobs. Lesson learned.
Edit: These things get spicier as they cool!! Holy crap! Don't add the extra dash of cayenne!!

No comments:

Post a Comment